I love finding unique ways to work on the same old skills....and this product is definitely one of those! The author of Silly Sets: Minimal Pairs for Maximum Progress, Kim Patterson, contacted me to review this set for you guys AND give one away to reader! I am so excited! Let's check it out...
One side of the card has a picture and the other side has two sentences, one of which is silly. The picture depicts BOTH sentences, so they are pretty funny.
So how did I use it? Well, I'll tell ya...
- I showed the picture to each student and had them point to the part of the picture that matched what I said. I was able to do that for each sentence on the card.
- I showed the picture to each student and they had to figure out what the minimal pair was....this was a challenge, but turned out to be a great activity! I also had them come up with their own sentences, then I shared the sentences that were actually on the card.
- I read the sentences and had the students draw their own pictures to depict them...then we compared them to what was on the card.
- We discussed what was silly on the pictures and why.
- After discussing a card, the students made up their own silly sentences with the minimal pair targeted.
I really love these! They were great for targeting listening AND production, plus the pictures really got the kids talking...which equaled TONS of practice. It was really awesome! I would definitely love to see more cards and more processes targeted.
You can find the Silly Sets from Super Duper for $21.95 (at the time of this post).
Interested in your own copy??? Kim is so kind to offer one to a reader! Enter below via the Rafflecopter and GOOD LUCK :)