- Level 1: Compound Words, the student must omit one part of the compound word.
- Level 2: Two Syllable Words, the student has to omit one syllable.
- Level 3: The student has to omit the initial phoneme from the word
- Level 4: The student has to omit the final phoneme from the word.
- Level 5: The student has to substitute either the initial or final phoneme of the word with a different phoneme
- Level 6: Words containing consonant blends, the student must omit one sound from the blend
- Level 7: Words containing consonant blends, the student must substitute one of the sounds in the blend
When you are done playing, you can email your data from the app. You must do this, otherwise your data is lost after the next game play because the app is not able to store it.
What I like:
- These are important skills for reading that are often affected by students with speech/language disorders...I love having an app to target them with!
- Auto record feature...um, awesome! I don't have to press anything, it just does it!
- Auto playback to match the student's response to the correct response...this is great for self evaluation.
- Reinforcement with the included games
- Adjustable rewards...I really like that I can control how many the student must get right before earning a game.
- I use on my iPad, iPhone, AND iPod....I love having apps available across all of my iDevices.
- Android version for all my friends on the other side of the technology fence :)
What I'd like to see:
- The ability to add different student profiles...since I usually work in groups on a variety of skills, I'd love to be able to switch in and out of student profiles and save their data.
- A video tutorial...this is always such a big help when learning how to use a new app.
- More explanation about what each level is from the menu...I kept finding myself having to go back to the "How To Play" section of the menu to see what each level targets.
- A different picture that demonstrates the phonemic change made in the word when the student responds.
BUT, Nikki is so kind and wants to giveaway THREE copies of the app to one of you for FREE! Enter via the Rafflecopter and good luck!a Rafflecopter giveaway