- Support, where you can backup the app to iTunes, restore from iTunes, read about the app, request additional support, and watch the video tutorial.
- More Apps, which links to another page featuring other Smarty Ears Apps and their descriptions.
- Report Center, where you can access student progress reports.
- Play, not much explanation needed....this is where you play the game!
- Choice of a buzz or removing item when student is incorrect
- Choice of auditory reinforcement and/or visual display when student is correct
- Toggle on/off points display
- Toggle on/off spinner
- Customize Word List, check it out below
I do wish there was more student motivation, maybe little games or something. Most students aren't very motivated by the 'awards' or arbitrary points and I can see them maybe getting bored with this app easily since there isn't a whole lot of action, they are just answering questions.
Overall, I like it! I really love that I can switch between expressive and receptive during play, as well as work through all the different question types with the same stimulus picture. The inclusion of homework sheets is another great feature that I can see utilizing a lot for carryover practice. Like I said at the start, I feel like it will work well with the EET and is unlike any other app I currently have. I think this could really be good for progress monitoring. Always a plus: multiplayer student options and data collection...a must for school SLPs!
This app is currently available for $9.99 in the iTunes store.
Disclaimer: A copy of this app was provided to me to review. No other compensation was provided. All opinions are mine.